We start the day waking your brains up with Times Tables Rock Stars as usual.
9am Joe Wicks PE
You know you love it! Well, Mrs Dolman does anyway!
We start today's maths lesson with your Personal Targets books. I am hoping that lots of you will be ready to move up a Level when we return to school. You may do extra tests if you wish in your Personal Targets books.
Then it is Wednesday, so it is Ninja Maths. You need to do Week 4, Session 3 from your booklets. Answers are on the document below, as well as the belt levels.
Whole Class Guided Reading Zoom 10am
We will be having guided reading of Secrets of a Sun King over Zoom today at 10am. You will need your brand new copy of the book Secrets of a Sun King and be able to read clearly into a microphone.
Topic: Year 6 guided reading lesson
Time: March 3rd, 2021 10:00 AM London
Meeting ID: 816 5741 6106
These questions are based on chapter 8 and some of chapter 9. I have put page numbers in case you need to re-read pages.
1. On p101 Lily says her parents were "lost to their thoughts". What does she mean by this?
2. What do you predict happened to the baby that learn about on p104?
3. How does Lily feel about her parents keeping secrets from her? (p104-105) Use evidence from the text in your answer but also explain in your own words.
4. Why do you think Tulip avoids going to school? (p111)
5. Longer question needing a paragraph if at least 12 lines in our book - What have we learned about Tulip so far in the book?
You need to talk about: her family, her interests, her school, her appearance and heritage, what she is like as a person and how she treats her family and Lil.
World Book Day Meet an Author live event
This event goes live at 10.30am today, but you can watch it on Youtube in the afternoon.
I have set 3 separate 10 mark assignments for you.
Please read Picture News for this week, which is on the tab before the class pages.
There is a new worship from Open The Book available from today.