Self - Isolation Home Learning Resources
General Timetable for Year 1
English Unit for Home Learning
Maths for Home Learning
Below are all the areas of maths that we have looked at recently in Year 1. Please watch the videos before completing the worksheets. These will help to refresh your child's memory in order to access the learning appropriate for the activities.
Each day go over the Phase 3 and 5 sounds (provided below), it might be nice to make your own flashcards as you'll be able to use these even after isolation. Then ask them to spell a few high frequency words from the list below. See if they can add them into their own sentences. To finish, go onto Phonics Play and have a go at reading and identifying real and fake words.
This is equivalent to listening to your children read and having a conversation about what is happening in the book that they have read. It helps to see if they are understanding what they are reading.
This can be done by asking questions like this:
- How is that character feeling? How do you know?
- What happened in a particular part?
- What does this word mean? Where can we find out? - particularly for non-fiction books
- Before reading the next part, ask them what they think will happen next.
This term we are looking at Houses and Homes, therefore here are a few activities for you to have a go at while you are isolating at home:
- Draw pictures of what each room in your home looks like
- Go on Google Maps and find your home
- Look outside and see what types of buildings or environments you can see e.g. forest, field, stream
- Think about the way you travel to school and which route you take
- Look at houses in different countries - how are they different from your own
- Look at houses through time - how are Victorian houses the same or different to the ones we live in?
This term we are looking at God and how Christians perceive him. Look at this story of the Lost Son or Prodigal Son and think about how each character is feeling. How is the father in this story similar to God? Think about forgiveness.