Tuesday 2nd Feb
Hi everyone. It was great to see so you all again on Zoom yesterday. Remember we now have Zoom sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you haven’t picked up your copy of The Boy at the Back of the Class please try to do so today.
Please keep sending your work to me at: email@example.com
- SPAG MAT - Your child should know which star they normally complete.
Once they have finished they can mark their own.
Look at the following sentences:
La Terre est une planète assez chaude.
La Terre est assez près du soleil.
The French phrase for because is ‘parce que’.
Parce que La Terre est une planète assez chaude.
Last week you wrote a single sentence about each planet.
Choose 3 planets and this time write your sentence with Parce que in front of it.
Practise saying them out loud.
If you feel confident then you can attempt questions 6 and 7.
This week’s spelling list is silent letters at the beginning of words today spend a little time practising them for your test on Friday. Make sure you know them all and aim to get to Royal Bee.
Choose a book that you have at home and read for at least 20 minutes. When you have finished choose one sentence that you have read.
Answer the following questions:
- From this I can infer (what does the sentence make you think)
- This sentence is very revealing because (how does it move on the story, or what does it tell us about a character)
- The impact on me as a reader is (what did it make you think when you were reading)
- Evidence that supports my view can also be found (is there anything else in the story which backs up your ideas)
What is the Universe and What is it made from?
Click on the following link and follow the instructions.
You can attempt the quiz to see what you can remember form the previous lesson.
Please watch the video and attempt any activity identified within the lesson.
At the end of the lesson you should be able to say what the universe is, we will learn about galaxies and the milky way, the big bang and will finish with an investigation.