Weds 3rd February
Whole Class Guided Reading Zoom lesson
We will be having guided reading of Secrets of a Sun King over Zoom today at 10am. You will need your brand new copy of the book Secrets of a Sun King and be able to read clearly into a microphone. We wil start at chapter 3 and my aim is to hear everyone read today in pairs.
Topic: Year 6 guided reading lesson
Time: Feb 3rd, 2021 10:00 AM London
Meeting ID: 816 5741 6106
Start the day with 15 minutes of mental maths on TT Rock Stars and then 15 minutes on these two maths games below.
- https://www.arcademics.com/games/dirt-bike-comparing-fractions This game is comparing fractions using the inequalities symbols.
- https://www.arcademics.com/games/ratio-blaster This one uses your knowledge of equivalent fractions to scale up ratios
PE with Joe Wicks at 9am
English - updated at 7.23am!
Today's lesson will be reading comprehension questions based upon Secrets of a Sun King, which will be available shortly. I was going to do a reading comprehension paper but it is very long, if you need to print out and I have just checked it to find one of the pages is unreadable.
You should write these answers on lined paper in pen, just as you would in school.
I have set you an assignment on spag.com today on suffixes and prefixes. If you scored over 80% on this last year, I have set you a different test.
If you have Nessy go on that instead of spag.com.
PSHE = Picture News
On the main class page is a link to picture news. Click on the Picture News - newspaper and have a read.
When you are ready click on the one that says Learning From Home. There are 6 ideas – choose 3 of them to have a go at. You can choose from:
- Think about a time when you climbed up something. How did you feel as you climbed? How did you feel when you reached the top?
- Read and research a mountain of your choice from anywhere in the world
- Mountain maths! Look at the table on home resource 2 and answer the questions.
- Find out where the following mountains are and locate them on a world map
- There are mountains all over the world! Can you find out how they are formed?
- Create a picture of a mountain or a mountain range.
The learning at home page has more details for each task.
If you have got this far, then well done. You must have worked flat out all day to get here. Rest your mind with this activity.
This week is Children's Mental Health Week, 1st - 7th February.
- Kindness Rocks.pdf What a lovely activity - a bit like the fairy doors from Lockdown#1